13.10 KMAIL Problem

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 10:31:33 UTC 2013

On 05/10/2013 19:57, Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
>> Little Girl wrote:

>>> I don't use Kmail, so I've got no idea. ):

>>> If this is still an issue, a work-around is to open a terminal
>>> window in the main directory where Kmail stores your messages and
>>> do a search of the contents of the messages like this:
>
>> Been there, done that....    Don't bother anymore.  Thanks for the
>> tip but searching is not my major problem.   I've been using KMAIL2
>> since I was forced into it around 9.10 (I think) and it has at
>> least done 90% of its functions since then.   But now it refuses to
>> show ANY mail...  just sits there "retrieving folder contents."
>
> Sorry about that! Is
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=111258 of any use? It
> seems recent.
>
> A Google search for kmail retrieving folder contents turns up quite a
> few similar reports, but they look to be from quite a while ago, so
> they may not be useful - especially since some of them claim to have
> been solved, yet you're currently seeing the behavior.

One major (in my opinion) problem is that is so much a "work in
progress" that the documentation is sadly outdated. And I would say in
many cases non-existing even on the developers level.

I would actually wish the KMail, Akonadi and Nepomuk devs would agree on
"freeze" and spend time just documenting. they might even be surprised
to find that it would aid them a lot. For all I know the Nepomuk main
devs do not use KMail.. wonderful.