Q: starting second graphical interface at boot?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 15:34:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-05 07:30 (GMT-0700) D. R. Evans composed:

> The lack of responses seems to suggest that perhaps this wasn't the right
> place to ask my question. Can someone please point me towards some other
> Kubuntu-savvy arena where someone might know the answer?

Maybe no answer because most people who want to run a second X instance don't
use a login manager to do it. Instead, they login on a vtty, then:

	startx -- :1

to start one on tty8, or

	startx -- :2

to start one on tty9. In well over 10 years using KDE, I don't recall ever
seeing instructions how to get a second KDM instance configured or started.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/