failed online update 12.10 to 13.04 black screen

Uriah Heep stan10x10 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 02:00:54 UTC 2013

to Kubuntu
something has gone very wrong with your upgrade..

try these commands:
sudo apt-get update (or aptitude if you prefer)
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

hopefully that will complete your upgrade

/Sinclair

Tried the above as well as another suggestion that appeared after booting
to cl but still no joy. In all about 15 mb was installed.Anything further
to try or is it time for a fresh install?

.
uriah