Automount no longer working

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sun May 26 09:07:17 UTC 2013

Thank you for reading this.

For some strange reason external USB devices are not longer being
automounted.

Also for some strange reason the "Enable automatic mounting of removable
media was unchecked plus all of the "Automount on attach" check boxes
were also unchecked. I expected that ticking all of the boxes would fix
the problem but instead Device Notification displays "Could not mount
the following device" etc

I've also installed "usbmount" although I've never had to install it in
the past.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to fix this?

--
Regards,
Phil