Plasma Desktop Crashes

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Thu May 9 23:56:37 UTC 2013

On Thursday, May 09, 2013 01:39:58 PM Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Had a similar problem. Corrected by renaming ~/.kde and then restarting kde.
> Was a PITA to reconfigure the UI, but I haven't had a problem since. Paul

A simpler alternative is to delete/move the specific config files, in this case
all the plasma*.rc files in ~/.kde/config. This way only the desktop settings
are re-created instead of each and every KDE application losing their
settings.

It is preferred to do this outside of a KDE session as cached configurations
may be written back to disk.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net