Kubuntu Council Elections 2013 - Call For Nominations

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:00:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> The Kubuntu Council terms for David Wonderly, Harald Sitter, and Jonathan
> Thomas expire on 2013-05-20.  This is a call for nominations for the Kubuntu
> Council to elect three members.
>
> The term will be for two years,  2013-05-21 to  2015-05-20.
>
> As in the past, the election will be conducted using CIVS (Condorcet Internet
> Voting Service - http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html ).  The top three
> ranking vote recipients will be elected.
>
> Schedule:
>
> Nomination period: Now to 2013-05-01
> Ballot Preparation: 2013-05-01 to 2013-05-04
> Voting Period: 2013-05-04 to 2013-05-20
> End Poll/Results Announced: 2013-05-20
> New Term Begins: 2013-05-21
>
> Eligibility:
>
> All Kubuntu Members ( https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/+members ) are
> eligible to be nominated and to vote.  If you have a public email address in
> launchpad, you need take no further action to receive your voting ballot.  If
> you do not have a public email address, please contact me offlist with the
> address you'd like your ballot sent to, otherwise you will be unable to vote.
>
> Nominations:
>
> All Kubuntu members are eligible.  The Kubuntu Council is intended to
> represent all of the Kubuntu community.  Applications from involved non-
> developers are encouraged.  If you are nominating someone else, please confirm
> their willingness to serve before nominating them.  Nominations should be done
> in public via either kubuntu-users or kubuntu-devel mailing lists.  If there
> is some extraordinary reason that precludes that, contact me directly.
>
> Commitment:
>
> The Kubuntu Council is the leadership body of Kubuntu.  Members of the council
> are expected to be active in Kubuntu.  The Kubuntu Council has three primary
> roles:
>  - Approve development plans for future Kubuntu releases
>  - Approve Kubuntu membership applications
>  - Resolve disputes within the Kubuntu project
>
> The time commitment is not large.  Meetings are generally only once every
> several months and conducted via IRC.
>
> Questions:
>
> If there are questions, you can contact me (preferably) via this mailing list
> or (if really necessary) via direct mail.
>
> Scott K
> For the Kubuntu Council

Hi folks, since the Council is for non-developers as well as our
wonderful devels, I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. I've been
using Kubuntu for many years, and promote it all the time, especially
at LinuxFest Northwest, and sometimes OSCON.

I'd love to be a non-technical voice on the Council.

I blog as Linuxgrandma, which you can read on both Planet Ubuntu, and
KDEplanet. My ubuntu wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ValorieZimmerman

Thank you for your consideration,

Valorie