Akonadi is dead...

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:22:27 UTC 2013

Strangely enough, it seems that the akonadi database was somehow corrupted.
I followed the explanation here
http://blogs.kde.org/2011/11/13/akonadi-misconception-1-where-my-data

Basically I stopped akonadi and removed the directory
$HOME/.local/share/akonadi.  The database was recreated and now all works
fine. The only downside was that Kmail lost one folder and moved all
messages from there into the inbox. Not a really big deal.

I have no explanation what has caused this.
gk