Sleep mode

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 19 06:28:01 UTC 2013

On 19/03/13 16:34, Phil wrote:
> On 19/03/13 15:22, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>> Can anyone offer any suggestions how I might clear whatever is
>>> preventing an automatic activation of sleep mode?
>>>

>> No really except to suggest that if you believe that it was Pysol (I
>> assume the Fan Club version) may have caused it then remove Pysol and
>> re-install it.
>>
>> (If you want to keep the statistics for Pysol then rename or copy
>> somewhere the /home/.Pysol folder otherwise it will get overwritten by
>> the new installation of Pysol.)
>>
> Thanks Basil,
>
> I had already tried reinstalling Pysol but without any improvement.

Your original post lacks so much information - including what you just
stated above. And including how old your laptop is; perhaps it has
reached its EOF?

I cannot believe that suddenly, out of the blue, your laptop stopped
going into sleep mode for no reason - except that you suspect that it
was because of something to do with Pysol.

What else happened, what else was installed/upgraded/whatever? You don't
even mention which version of K you are using where this has happened.

> It's only another month until 13.04 becomes available and so I expect
> that will solve the problem anyway.

Why do you think this - that 13.04 will solve your problem?

For you to state this means that you have an idea what could be causing
your problem and you are prepared to wait until then - but still ask
this list for an answer to your problem :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 with KDE 4.10.1 & kernel 3.8.3-1