Mail question?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jun 27 20:04:17 UTC 2013

Greetings;

I've been running amanda for backup for about a decade & change, and all
this time it has Just Worked(TM) to have amanda email me a copy of the
backup report, essentially the same thing it sends to the printer, which it
now is doing correctly.  But I had stopped it about a year ago for some
reason, and now when I have started it back up, it is not sending me any
mail, nor can I send myself mail if I su amanda to run mail -v [my-local-
address]

Anybody with a clue where this is falling over, better yet, a way to trace
it after I hit the 2nd ctrl-D to send it?  With the -v option, I get this
on the cli:

root at coyote:/var/log# su amanda -c "mail -v gene at coyote.coyote.den"