External Backup Disk Drive

Ramesh Rao rameshrao55 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 02:51:56 UTC 2013

Hi Basil,

Well, none of the options are checked. That means:
- Enable automatic mounting of removable media     - not checked
    - Only automatically mount removable media that has been manually mounted before  - not checked
    - Mount all removable media at login     -  not checked
    - Automatically mount removable media when attached  - not checked

After reading your email I checked "Enable automatic mounting of removable media" along with "Automatically mount removable media when attached".

This made NO difference. The device remains undetected by the OS. Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Ramesh