Wireless printing

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 17 08:49:19 UTC 2013

On 17/06/13 17:12, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 17/06/2013 08:29, Phil wrote:
>> On 17/06/13 14:22, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>>>
>>> I would try printing to an ip address, that works for me with a wireless
>>> HP printer (2 actually, one laserjet and one multifunction inkjet). I
>>> sometimes have to do the "power off/on" with the laserjet but there is
>>> no pattern to when that happens.
>>
>> Thanks Lindsay, Jorg and O,
>>
>> I'm at the point of giving the idea of wireless printing away and run an
>> Ethernet cable instead.
>>
>> Is this what you meant by an IP address?
>>
>> ipp://10.0.0.9
>>
>> The previous attempt was met by a "printer not found message" and this
>> one displays "connecting to printer" followed by "printer not
>> responding".
>>
> No, in my case it says under connection:
> socket://192.168.20.27:9100
>
> the subnet would of course be whatever you are using in your LAN. 9100
> is the port that HP use.

Still no go. The error message reads:

"in use - 'The printer is not responding'"

socket://10.0.0.9:9100

And I cannot establish a connection under Firefox which makes me think
that the printer and the router are incompatible. The HP easy method is
to use the router's WPS function but that didn't work and I had to set
the printer up manually under Windows.

--
Regards,
Phil