BlueGriffon, Kate and FileZilla : a golden combination for web page editing.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 10:11:38 UTC 2013

Hello TuxMario,

Here is my advise for you.
1. Completely UNinstall the BlueGriffon package you have now in your system.
2. Check your software sources.
3. Install BlueGriffon 1.7 via the GetDeb.net repository.

Step 1. Completely UNintall...
======================
Try the following commandline command: apt-get purge BlueGriffon.
I am not sure whether this will work in case you have installed BlueGriffon
directly from it's website. In that case, try to do so via Muon or via the
Uninstall option from BlueGriffon itself.

Step 2. Check your software sources.
===========================
Did you already add GetDeb.net to your software sources? (See: Muon >
settings.) If not, go to the GetDeb.net instruction page:
http://www.getdeb.net/updates/Ubuntu/13.04#how_to_install
Add the GetDeb repository via the "getdeb package" you can download from
that page - see nr. 1. Or add that repository manually: see nr.  2.

STEP 3. Install BlueGriffon 1.7.
=======================
FORGET about the steps mentioned under nr. 3, 4 and 5 at the GetDeb.net
instruction page. Instead, simply install BlueGriffon via Muon package
manager. Give in "BlueGriffon" in the search window. You will see
BlueGriffon and BlueGriffon-data popping up. Install both packages.
!! The commandline install does not work in this case!!

Respectfully yours,
Bas.

2013/6/1 TuxMario DeTreb <tuxmario.detreb at gmail.com>

> [...]
> blue when you are on the good way when typing codes, and finally become
> green when everything is correct and complete. Moreover, if some specific
> important code is missing somewhere after editing a page, BlueGriffon
> suggests which missing code to exactly bring in where.
>

> A few months ago, I reported a bug because of which it is not possible to
> immediately open a local .html file. When trying to do so, BlueGriffon does
> start, but does not open the file. That's why, for the time being, I use a
> simple "workaround": , I open local .html files via BlueGriffon itself. At
> some quiet moment, Christoph, I will try out your suggestions in this
> context and report my experience afterwords.
>

> In this context, BlueGriffon has another useful feature. It opens in tabs
> the html pages of the latest session: under the condition that you leave
> those pages in open tabs, while quitting the package.
>

> "Kate" I use as a very useful auxiliary package - for typing code, for
> copy -pasting specific bunches of code to other pages, etc... I also use it
> to open and edit .css files. When editing a .html page, I get a kind of
> colour feedback similar to that in BlueGriffon.
>

> Yesterday the two window system in the Firefox add-on "FireFTP" broke down
> because of a reason I still do not understand. That's why, I have tried
> "FileZilla" for remote file transfer purposes - I am really satisfied about
> it. It works much better then "FireFTP". Especially when uploading a large
> quantity of updated web files, "FileZilla" works simply excellently.
>

> Respectfully yours,
>

> Bas G. Roufs.
>

> --
>
> Bas G. Roufs MA
>
> Van 't Hoffstraat 1; NL - 3514 VT Utrecht
>
> E. BasRoufs at gmail.com; Mob. +31 6 446 835 10; Tel. +31 30 785 20 40.
>
> Open source OS: Kubuntu 13.04, see kubuntu.org .
> Websites in construction: BasRoufs.eu ; Viaconsensus.nl;
> RainbowGathering.eu
>

> Hello Everybody
>
> I  use BlueGriffon, BlueFish and Kate for web page edition and gFtp for
> site updating
> Today i tried to upgrade my BlueGriffon (I was using 1.5.2) and I reached
> a problem.
>
> When I start the new release i get the message : *Your BlueGriffon
> profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible*
>
> What i have done
>
>    - I renamed my old release (mv bluegriffon bluegriffonOLD)
>    - I removed the Griffon profil directory (rm -R .disruptive\
>    innovations\ sarl )
>    - I downloaded the new compressed tar file
>    (bluegriffon-1.7.Ubuntu13.04-x86_64.tar.bz2) I'm running Kubuntu 13.04
>    64bits
>    - I ran tar command ( tar jxvf
>    bluegriffon-1.7.Ubuntu13.04-x86_64.tar.bz2)
>    - I started bluegriffon ( ./bluegriffon/bluegriffon) and got a pop up
>    window with the error message
>
> NB : All files and directories belong to my home user/group

drs. Bas G. Roufs

Van 't Hoffstraat 1; NL - 3514 VT Utrecht

E. BasRoufs at gmail.com; Mob. +31 6 446 835 10; Tel. +31 30 785 20 40.

Open source OS: Kubuntu 12.10, see kubuntu.org .