Constant crash in LibreOffice

TuxMario DeTreb tuxmario.detreb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:45:15 UTC 2013

Le 31/01/2013 05:39, Errol Sapir a écrit :

> On 01/31/2013 12:55 AM, Bas Roufs wrote:
>>
>> Hello Georgi,
>> A few months ago,  I experienced similar problems.
>> In November, I upgraded from Kubuntu 12.04 to 12.10.
>> In January,  I carried out a fresh install of 12.10.
>> At one of those transit moments,  my difficulties with LibreOffice
>> considerably diminished.
>> Respectfully Yours,
>> Bas.
>>
>> Op 30 jan. 2013 20:52 schreef "Georgi Kourtev" <gkourtev at gmail.com
>> <mailto:gkourtev at gmail.com>> het volgende:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     Since some weeks on 3 PCs with Kubuntu 12.04 (all updates
>>     up-to-date) I
>>     observe crashes in LibreOffice Calc and Writer. The crash is
>>     happening when
>>     trying to save, print or export as PDF of an open document. It is
>>     more that
>>     clear that this makes the office suite not quite usable.
>>
>>     Anyone else experiencing this? Possible solution?
>>
>>     Is there a site where these type of crashes can be reported?
>>
>>     thanks,
>>     gk
>>
>> Hi all
>  I don't know if I'm referring to the same problem but a few weeks ago
> in a discussion started about an external hard drive and USB problems,
> it developed into a discussion about computer crashing. The thoughts
> by all who advised me were that it was a hardware problem. I have
> checked my hardware and see no fault. I am pasting my original part of
> the thread and MAYBE this is a common problem and it isn't hardware?
>>> Now THAT is a most unusual situation. I have never heard of an USB
>>> port failing. Was it the cable or is the mobo on its last legs?
>>>
>>> BC
>>>
>> The latter I'm afraid. The front USB's have been out of action for a
>> while and now it seems to be spreading. I have another phenomena
>> ONLY happening in Kubuntu - not in Windows but maybe that is because
>> I use it for short spurts and only when I have no choice like using
>> Visio which I use for work.
>> The phenomena is the sudden "freezing" of he computer where nothing
>> works and the only way to "solve" the problem is to press the
>> computer button and hold it until the computer shuts down. I then
>> restart the computer and all works well until the next time. As this
>> only happens when I'm working on the computer (and not while the
>> computer is idle) I am deliberating whether it is a hardware or
>> software problem. My deep suspicions are the something in Kubuntu is
>> malfunctioning. Maybe people here know about this. I use Kubuntu
>> 12.10 with all upgrades as they come out.
>> My computer is quite old. A Gigabyte GA-F8NF motherboard with a AMD
>> 3500 cpu and 2 giga memory.
>> Errol

Hello Georgi

Yes it's possible to describe a bug against LibreOffice at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi

I experienced an issue with LibreOffice running under Kubuntu 12.10.
This bug was analysed and I received quick answers and a solution to my
issue (One file was not able to be opened by libreoffice without crash ,
other files opened properly)
The solution was to upgrade libreoffice to release 3.6.3

Hypothesis for your issue
Problem with user configuration ? ==> Move $HOME/.config/libreoffice to
another name and start again libreoffice

NB : I'm using daily libreoffice without problem

Hope this help : Mario