Firefox problem

James Cain james.cain.25 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:54:51 UTC 2013

Not much help right now, but I would highly recommend in the future either
backing up your bookmarks regularly to a cloud service like drop box or
ubuntu one, or using an add-on like XMarks. That way you're covered no
matter what. I actually do both. Plus, with XMarks, you get the added bonus
of being able to access your bookmarks from anywhere and any computer,
should you need to.

- James

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On 29/01/13 22:16, Phil wrote:
>
>> On 29/01/13 21:09, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>

>>> I am assuming that what you mean by "13 years of links" are the
>>> bookmarks in which case that is easy to get them back. Read this:
>>>
>>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/**Transferring_data_to_a_new_**
>>> profile_-_Firefox<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox>
>>>

>> I discovered that the profile file is the one causing the problem and
>> that simply replacing the new profile with the old is not the answer. I'll
>> read through the instructions tomorrow, it's been a long day.
>>

> A couple of things:
>
> Have you set in the System Settings Start Session to Start with an Empty
> Session when you start the OS or do you have "Restore previous session"
> selected?
>
> And check in the System Monitor (CTRL-ESC) to see if there is a child of a
> Firefox app still running and hadn't closed (although rebooting should have
> closed such a child).
>

> BC
>
> --
> Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.0 & kernel 3.7.4-1 on a system with-
> AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor
> 16GB PC14900/1866MHz Quad Channel Corsair "Vengeance" RAM
> Gigabyte AMD3+ m/board; Gigabyte nVidia GTX550Ti 1GB DDR5 GPU

James Cain