Firefox problem

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 29 11:09:14 UTC 2013

On 29/01/13 21:47, Phil wrote:
> On 29/01/13 20:39, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> Have a look in /.mozilla/firefox/XXXXX.default and see if the "!lock"
>>> file is there. If it is delete it (as root).
>>>
>>> BC
>>>

>> That should be, of course, /home/xxxxx/.mozilla/......
>>

> Thanks Basil,
>
> I renamed .mozilla just after I posted my plea for help and of course
> that got it going. I should have tried that first before asking for help.
>
> There isn't a lock file but what I will do is add each of the old
> directories until Firefox fails again. The old files contain 13 years
> of links and various add-ons. I'd really like to recover the links.

I am assuming that what you mean by "13 years of links" are the
bookmarks in which case that is easy to get them back. Read this:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.0 & kernel 3.7.4-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor