Firefox problem

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 29 10:27:57 UTC 2013

Thank you for reading this tale of woe.

I reinstalled Kubuntu after a data loss disaster and now I have this
Firefox problem. The error message reads:

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new
window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart
your system."

Firefox is not actually running but something in the system thinks that
it is. Restarting the system does not help.

It is very likely that I've created this problem after restoring the
backup. I think I had Firefox running during the restore process.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

--
Regards,
Phil