bose speakers

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 26 01:20:05 UTC 2013

On 26/01/13 10:36, William Biggs wrote:
> I have usb bose speakers kubuntu see them how do I get kubuntu to use
> then it keep wanting to use the�on board�audio ?

You mean that you have these speakers attached to a PCI(e) card but
kubuntu keeps wanting to use the onboard audio chip, right?

Go into the BIOS and deselect the onboard audio which will transfer the
audio to the audio card (and the speakers connected to it).

(Also, you may need to use alsamixer to configure the audio card.)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.0 & kernel 3.7.4-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor