How to restore accidentally deleted system tray Desktop Settings icon?

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:42:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:55:24 -0500, Clay Weber wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 09:02:01 PM Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>> In Kubuntu 12.10 I accidentally deleted Desktop Settings icon from the
>> system tray.
>>
>> I've tried to delete the entire panel and then to add a new Default
>> panel but it also came without the deleted Desktop Settings icon.
>>
>> Is there a way to get the thing back?
>
> I am not clear by what you mean for the "Desktop Settings" icon in the
> system tray. The system tray settings are accessed  by right-clicking on
> the little arrow there, You can enable/disable and hide/show certain
> entries, but I see no choice for "Desktop Settings"

Look at this image http://imagebin.org/243875 here.

The icon I'm talking about is the very first icon in the system tray
starting from left.  It is a dark blue square icon. I actually did not
know the name of it and booted into my openSUSE to find it out.

Not that I badly need it but rather looking to restore it for learning
sake. BTW in openSUSE it is presented but does nothing when clicked.