High CPU load during startup and sometimes after

Tomasz Ścisło scislot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:12:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Kubuntu 12.10. It starts way slower than my
previous Kubuntu 11.04. It seams that one CPU core is loaded in 100%
while the system boots and approximately 2 minutes after login. I
figured that maybe this is an issue with kernel threads but I cannot see
nothing suspicious in htop or top. Surprisingly I found out about the
CPU high load from the graphics indicator on a bottom bar.
This sudden high CPU load happens randomly after system boot.
At first I though that this could be the issue with Nvidia graphic
drivers, but I changed them from current to experimental-310 and nothing
has changed.

Any ideas on how to debug the issue?

Regards,
ToM