Java exploit, the inevitable question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 15 15:40:29 UTC 2013

Greetings all;

All this hoorah about disabling Java seems like it should have by now,
generated the question of whether or not iced-tea is also vulnerable.
Since the 10.04.4 approved version of FF doesn't have the ability to kill
it all, we'ed have to disable about 20 calls in edit/prefs/applications in
order to effect a kill.

But I am confused.  FF is saying its using iced tea, but when I look at
/etc/alternatives, it all looks like real java?

So, do we need to butcher that or ???

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...