[quantal] no audio with k9copy

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 01:07:08 UTC 2013

Basil Chupin said the following at 12/31/2012 06:09 PM :

> I note that you mention that you are working with a 32- and a 64-bit
> computers. The config file I sent you was for a 64-bit computer (see my
> signature line below) so I don't know if it would apply to a 32-bit
> computer.

The 32-bit machine is the laptop, which is that one where it sometimes works.
The 64-bit machine is the one that is now consistently crashing.

> I have a folder I called Symed on the 2nd drive and all these folders I
> just mentioned are within it; in my home directory I have symlinks
> pointing to /<2nd_HDD>/Symed/Downloads[and so on]. If I lose my system
> HDD I have all the essentials sitting on the 2nd drive, and all I do is
> do a backup of Symed to be on the safe side.

The 64-bit machine is one that does Real Work, so all the important stuff is
backed up off-site hourly. Also, prior to an upgrade, everything gets backed
up locally just in case the upgrade is borked. In the instant case, though, as
I've mentioned, going back to an old k9copy configuration file didn't fix the
problem. I could try installing an old version of the application, but
experience tells me that that's a recipe for disaster, if not now then at some
point in the future.

Hoping to get time to investigate this more tomorrow.

It's the second day of the year, and already I'm behind :-(

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR