[quantal] no audio with k9copy

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 1 12:41:24 UTC 2013

On 01/01/13 16:51, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 01/01/2013 04:40, Bruce Marshall wrote:
>> On Monday, December 31, 2012 01:56:57 PM D. R. Evans wrote:
>>> Before I started on this, both machines behaved exactly the same
>>> way: both
>>> could copy DVDs, but the audio was absent on the resultant copy. I
>>> tried
>>> everything I could think of to correct the problem; nothing worked.
>>
>> Wouldn't k3b do what you want?   I use it to copy all my DVD's.
>> Didn't have
>> much luck with k9copy.
>>

>> "Visualize whirled peas."
>>

> K9copy does compress the 8gb dvd to fit on 4gb disks and in many
> places (where I live for example) you can barely find the 8gb type and
> if you do they cost an arm + a leg

You don't have to have k3b output and automatically burn the DVD to
another DVD- you can output it to a folder (from which you can then have
k3b burn the DVD).

While the DVD is in the interim folder you can use dvdshrink to shrink
the file to fit a 4.7GB disc - but, of course, the quality will suffer
greatly.

The other thing about using k3b is that I am not sure that you can pick
and choose which vob files you want and which (as in menus, other
language sub-titles, etc) to discard which is what k9copy can do.

There are a couple of other things which k9copy can do which k3b may not
be able to do (I have never used k3b to process DVDs) which I am sure
don't need mentioning here.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.4 & kernel 3.6.10-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor