Post kde 4.10 install

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:30:22 UTC 2013

Em quinta-feira, 07 de fevereiro de 2013, às 10:10:33, O. Sinclair escreveu:
> OK so I took the plunge and installed 4.10 on my Quantal installation.
> Post-installation I notice a definite "lag" on the first "painting" of
> the desktop, otherwise nothing dramatic.
>
> Apart from one issue (this far): of the screensavers ONLY the new
> Desktop Widget works. The "old" ones I have tried leaves me with a black
> screen and a cursor that moves, but I can not get out of there without
> rebooting.
>
> Anyone else noticed this? Other experiences/tips from KDE 4.10 install?

I use the slideshow screensaver and it is running without issues, except that
now I'm forced to type in my password to unlock the screen every time the
screensaver runs. The screen is always locked, no matter if the "Require
password" checkbox is checked or not.
Also, X or kdm (haven't been able to find out which one for certain) is dying
occasionally for no reason after the upgrade, sending me back to the login
screen and killing every app I was working with. This has happened four times
since I upgraded yesterday, the last three times in a 60 minutes time frame.
On the other hand, KMail seems faster and some of its bugs that have annoyed
me for a long time are gone. I also liked the new QtQuick notifications.

I'm running 4.10 on Kubuntu 12.04. For now, that's it.

[]'s
Marcelo