Compositing unstable

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 09:43:56 UTC 2013

Thanks for answering + sorry for omitting versions. That's KDE 4.11.00 on
Kubuntu 13.04 as well.

I've got a dual-monitor setup, and several times per day I do unplug the
second monitor and plug it in again (by removing laptop from docking
station and putting it back in). Also I use suspend to RAM and suspend to
disk.

Regards,
Jörg

2013/8/27 Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Jörg von Frantzius
> <jfrantzius at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after running my desktop for a while with compositing turned on, things
> > start to get sluggish after a while (or windows being opened?). I haven't
> > yet tried to find out exactly what slows down the system, but the
> workaround
> > for me is to turn off compositing (Alt+Shift+F12). Suddenly window
> switching
> > works much faster and more reliably.
> >
> > Is anybody else per chance experiencing something similar? I remember
> plans
> > by Martin Gräßlin to throw out 2D rendering entirely, so that it
> wouldn't be
> > possible to turn off compositing. Currently I do find this a frightening
> > idea!
>
> Now if you could also tell us your exact Kubuntu version and KDE
> version we might be able to answer your question...
>
> FWIW: I have not seen any major compositing problems since KDE SC
> 4.9.x or so, currently running KDE SC 4.11.0 on Kubuntu 13.04
>
> If you use something older than KDE 4.10.x you really should upgrade,
> as there have been a lot of improvements in KWin and Plasma
>
> Regards, Myriam
>
> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Hier <https://plus.google.com/u/0/108077266064673284332/posts> mikroblogge
ich so vor mich hin