Compositing unstable

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:20:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

after running my desktop for a while with compositing turned on, things
start to get sluggish after a while (or windows being opened?). I haven't
yet tried to find out exactly what slows down the system, but the
workaround for me is to turn off compositing (Alt+Shift+F12). Suddenly
window switching works much faster and more reliably.

Is anybody else per chance experiencing something similar? I remember plans
by Martin Gräßlin to throw out 2D rendering entirely, so that it wouldn't
be possible to turn off compositing. Currently I do find this a frightening
idea!

Regards,
Jörg