DNS Resolution not working

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 00:18:41 UTC 2013

Well, I got it working but I really don't know why.
I finally went into /etc/nsswitch.conf and removed the [NOTFOUND=return] from the "hosts" line; and it started working.
I re-added it and it continued working, so I'm really not sure what it fixed - may be it cleared some cache or something.
I'll see if it continues to work tomorrow when I get back to work.

Ben