Where Is Kubuntu 13.04 Release Candidate?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Apr 24 01:34:06 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 09:10:04 PM Jesse Palser wrote:
> On 04/19/2013 04:28 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Friday, April 19, 2013 04:19:35 PM Jesse Palser wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> According to the official release schedule
> >> Kubuntu 13.04 Release Candidate
> >> should have been released yesterday.
> >>
> >> Where is it to download?
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Jesse
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseCandidate
> >
> > We're currently waiting on the final language pack export before we can
> > have images that can be considered candidates.  In the mean time, the
> > daily image is the best one to use.
> >
> > Scott K
>
> Guess we are just going from Beta 2 to Release...

You are misunderstanding what a "Release Candidate" is.  It's the image we
might release if it tests out well.  There is no "Release Candidate" release
and has not been for several years (we renamed what used to be called release
candidate to beta2 because it was in no sense a release candidate.

RC images are available for testing.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/269/builds

Scott K