Something the update-manager installed has a huge memory leak

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 17 21:28:42 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 17 April 2013 17:27:21 Nils Kassube did opine:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I know that once booted, I can as root do a swapoff -a, but How does
> > one disable swap, I have 3 drives with 4Gb of swap on each and it
> > finds and uses all 12Gb of if I'd let it.
>
> The use of swap partitions is configured in /etc/fstab and the installer
> usually includes them without asking. Just put a "#" in front of the
> entries and they will not be used after the next reboot.
>

> Nils

That came to mind, about 5 seconds after I clicked send. :-)  We'll see
what upchucks without it first though.  Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
critic, n.:
	A person who boasts himself hard to please because nobody tries
	to please him.
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.