Upgrade ones graphics drivs

Girard Henri girardhenri at free.fr
Mon Apr 15 15:59:17 UTC 2013

Le 15/04/2013 14:08, theuteck at gmail.com a écrit :
> On Sunday, April 14, 2013 01:02:13 PM Christer Wickman wrote:
>> Hello Everybody.
>>
>> I have a computer with these confirmation. It has a ASUS Motherboard
>> with a 775 sockel and it has a CPU Intel Core2Duo 2,20GHz. And it has a
>> graphic card which a ASUS too Nvidia GeForce G210. Mow to my question.
>> How does one upgrade ones rutin for the graphic card? I use right now
>> 304.88 And I went to Nvidia homepage and there was a new driv out which
>> 310.24 I think I was call that. So how does one upgrade? Or should one
>> wait until KUbuntu v. 13.04 is released instead? I hope you all can help
>> me with these question. Thank you.
>>
>> Yours
>> Christer Wickman
> Run the restricted driver application and see if this version is listed.  It
> may be require you to install the nvidia-current driver.  If you can't find the
> application, you can run it from the command line with "jockey-gtk" or the
> less fancy text version "jockey-text".

With synaptic instead jockey-gtk which doesn't work any more with recent
ubuntu. In synaptic you got configuration > repos (i do'nt know exactly
in english I am in french) and then you got a sub menu additional
drivers, the best is to choose nvidia update in synaptic I use
experimental 313.10 update.