address autocompletion gone missing in 4.10.2 - workaround found!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at
Sun Apr 7 10:59:52 UTC 2013

Hash: SHA1

On 07/04/2013 11:26, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 07/04/2013 10:30, Valter Mura wrote:
>> In data domenica 7 aprile 2013 07:43:08, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
>>> On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 05:43:11 PM Valter Mura wrote:
>>>> In data sabato 6 aprile 2013 15:43:09, O. Sinclair ha scritto:
>>>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>>> Upgraded to 4.10.2 and found that autocompletion of mail receiver
>>>>> address went missing again in KMail...
>>>>> Anyone else see this? Any idea how to get it back?
>>>> Same for me... always unresolved with plugin for GMail addressbook...
>>> Is the nepomuk feeder running?
>>> To check the status:
>>> 	sudo apt-get install akonadiconsole
>>> then start akonadiconsole (its a gui app) and check the "Akonadi Nepomuk
>>> Feeder". I suspect it will show either "Waiting for Nepomuk to start" or
>>> "Nepomuk not operational: Nepomuk is not running".
>>> Both statuses are a furphy, nepomuk is running but sometimes the feeder has
>>> a problem detecting this on startup. Restart the feeder to get it working
>>> (right click, Restart Agent).
>>> The feeder indexes the contacts collection and the index is used for auto
>>> completion
>> Hi Lindsay
>> my Nepomuk is already running, but in System Settings > Desktop Search > Basic 
>> Settings (first tab) the "mail indexing" is "disabled" (I have disabled it, I 
>> do not need this kind of indexing for my home purposes).
>> Could this setting affect my autocompletion process?
>> Also, I checked System Monitor and "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" is currently 
>> running.
> OK I found a workaround that I consider "not satisfactory" but it
> makes things work again.
> There is way to make KMail look in all Nepmuk data instead of where it
> is so to speak supposed to (explanation way to techie for me, maybe
> Lindsay can explain it).
> In folder HOME/.kde/share/config there is a file
> "kpimcompletionorder". Add these 2 lines:
> [General]
> UseNepomuk=true
> restart KMail and presto, completion works (you get more suggestions
> than before) and so does Groups
> Whatever you do - do not set the value to "false", even Dolphin
> stopped working for unknown reasons
> As I said: this is a workaround, it is NOT how it is supposed to work
> and I will be most happy if someone can find a "proper" solution.

I just noted that "large" (48 contacts in this case) Groups make KMail
freeze with this workaround.. so very far from optimal
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined -


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list