address autocompletion gone missing in 4.10.2 - workaround found!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at
Sun Apr 7 09:26:48 UTC 2013

Hash: SHA1

On 07/04/2013 10:30, Valter Mura wrote:
> In data domenica 7 aprile 2013 07:43:08, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
>> On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 05:43:11 PM Valter Mura wrote:
>>> In data sabato 6 aprile 2013 15:43:09, O. Sinclair ha scritto:
>>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>> Upgraded to 4.10.2 and found that autocompletion of mail receiver
>>>> address went missing again in KMail...
>>>> Anyone else see this? Any idea how to get it back?
>>> Same for me... always unresolved with plugin for GMail addressbook...
>> Is the nepomuk feeder running?
>> To check the status:
>> 	sudo apt-get install akonadiconsole
>> then start akonadiconsole (its a gui app) and check the "Akonadi Nepomuk
>> Feeder". I suspect it will show either "Waiting for Nepomuk to start" or
>> "Nepomuk not operational: Nepomuk is not running".
>> Both statuses are a furphy, nepomuk is running but sometimes the feeder has
>> a problem detecting this on startup. Restart the feeder to get it working
>> (right click, Restart Agent).
>> The feeder indexes the contacts collection and the index is used for auto
>> completion
> Hi Lindsay
> my Nepomuk is already running, but in System Settings > Desktop Search > Basic 
> Settings (first tab) the "mail indexing" is "disabled" (I have disabled it, I 
> do not need this kind of indexing for my home purposes).
> Could this setting affect my autocompletion process?
> Also, I checked System Monitor and "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" is currently 
> running.
OK I found a workaround that I consider "not satisfactory" but it
makes things work again.

There is way to make KMail look in all Nepmuk data instead of where it
is so to speak supposed to (explanation way to techie for me, maybe
Lindsay can explain it).

In folder HOME/.kde/share/config there is a file
"kpimcompletionorder". Add these 2 lines:

restart KMail and presto, completion works (you get more suggestions
than before) and so does Groups

Whatever you do - do not set the value to "false", even Dolphin
stopped working for unknown reasons

As I said: this is a workaround, it is NOT how it is supposed to work
and I will be most happy if someone can find a "proper" solution.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined -


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list