address autocompletion gone missing in 4.10.2

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 08:30:02 UTC 2013

In data domenica 7 aprile 2013 07:43:08, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 05:43:11 PM Valter Mura wrote:
> > In data sabato 6 aprile 2013 15:43:09, O. Sinclair ha scritto:
> > >
> > > Upgraded to 4.10.2 and found that autocompletion of mail receiver
> > > address went missing again in KMail...
> > >
> > > Anyone else see this? Any idea how to get it back?
> >
> > Same for me... always unresolved with plugin for GMail addressbook...
>
> Is the nepomuk feeder running?
>
> To check the status:
>
> 	sudo apt-get install akonadiconsole
>
> then start akonadiconsole (its a gui app) and check the "Akonadi Nepomuk
> Feeder". I suspect it will show either "Waiting for Nepomuk to start" or
> "Nepomuk not operational: Nepomuk is not running".
>
> Both statuses are a furphy, nepomuk is running but sometimes the feeder has
> a problem detecting this on startup. Restart the feeder to get it working
> (right click, Restart Agent).
>
> The feeder indexes the contacts collection and the index is used for auto
> completion

Hi Lindsay

my Nepomuk is already running, but in System Settings > Desktop Search > Basic
Settings (first tab) the "mail indexing" is "disabled" (I have disabled it, I
do not need this kind of indexing for my home purposes).
Could this setting affect my autocompletion process?

Also, I checked System Monitor and "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" is currently
running.

Ciao
--
Valter