*Ubuntu does not any more recognise the printer Samsung ML-1660.

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 12:49:04 UTC 2012

Em sábado, 22 de setembro de 2012, às 14:31:41, Bas Roufs escreveu:
> Dear Everybody,
>
> ever since a few months, I do not manage any more to print with my
> laserprinter, Samsung ML-1660, though it worked quite well during a
> few years. Reason: *Ubuntu does not recognise any more this printe,
> when plugging in the USB cabler. At present, I work with Kubuntu
> 12.04, along with KDE 4.9.1. Any clue how to fix this problem?
> Details:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/ML-1660
> Thanks, respectfully yours,
> Bas Roufs.

Doesn't the OS detect the printer when it is connected or is it a driver
problem?
Does any thing show up on your screen if you are monitoring your system logs
at the time you connect the printer? Try the following:
tail -f /var/log/kern.log
And then plug in the printer. Does anything show up in the log? What?
If the printer is detected when it is connected and still does not work, maybe
it is a driver problem.
Samsung usually provides good Linux drivers for their printers at their
website. Have you tried them?

[]'s
Marcelo