Terminal login

Steve Riley steve at rileyz.net
Wed Sep 19 22:32:48 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-20 00:17:32 Dennis Linux <frankie-1 at hotmail.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
> When i go with ctrl+alt+F1 to the LXTerminal there's a login.
> I know my password but not my login, does anyone know where that's known?

That would be your user account name. Ordinarily you'd see this on the LightDM
or KDM login screen. But it sounds as if your computer is configured for
automatic login, in which case you wouldn't see your account name. You can
always find out the account name by opening a Konsole and running the command:

whoami

This will display your username, which you can then use when you switch to a
TTY.

...Steve