KDE SC 4.9.1

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:21:10 UTC 2012

I've just upgraded and have noticed two problems:
1) The QtCurve style is not correctly applied to GTK applications
anymore, unless you use its default oxygen-like appearance. If you use
one of the other provided preset settings or if you use your own
customized settings, they will be correctly applied to your KDE/Qt
applications, but all GTK applications will continue with the default
oxygen-like appearance. GTK applications look completely alien in my
KDE desktop after the update. I don't know if this is a bug somewhere
in KDE or in qtcurve or in gtk2-engines-qtcurve, because all of them
were updated at the same time. Probably gtk2-engines-qtcurve.
2) KMail filtering got worse. In 4.9, at least my simple filters
(filters with only one rule and one action) were working ok. After the
update, none of my filters work automatically anymore. I have to
manually select all messages in my inbox and use CTRL+J to filter
them.

Other than that, 4.9.1 is great.

[]'s
Marcelo