Strange Akonadi/Nepomuk problem

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:54:03 UTC 2012

On 31/10/2012 09:37, O. Sinclair wrote:
> Since Friday I am having a strange problem. Am using Kubuntu 12.04 with
> KDE SC 4.9.2 and have had no problems with Semantic Desktop or
> Kontact/KMail for quite some time.
>
> Meaning files are indexed, I can search, the "timelines" in Dolphin
> worked just fine (Today, Yesterday and so on). In KMail address
> autocompletion, Search etc worked.
>
> But after a freeze suddenly no joy. From earlier experience I stopped
> akonadi, removed the nepomuk folder (.kde/share/apps/nepomuk) restarted
> akonadi and sat back while reindexing took place.
>
> But for the first time this did not fully work. KMail works as expected
> but the systray "Desktop Search File Indexing" insists it is idle (even
> when it slowly reported increasing numbers of indexed file). In Krunner
> search for files only seems to work with files I have recently edited.
> In Dolphin the same and the "timelines" report like 3-4 files, searching
> for files give no result on files that have not been "touched" since the
> crash.
>
> Anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the search functions back
> now that I had actually gotten used to them...

Think I found the problem and is kind of embarrassing but as it might
help others: in the Desktop Search Settings somehow just a fraction of
the subfolders in my HOME was chosen, how that happened I have no idea.
Indexing is now active and I can see more and more files in Dolphin
search....

/Sinclair