Strange Akonadi/Nepomuk problem

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:37:29 UTC 2012

Since Friday I am having a strange problem. Am using Kubuntu 12.04 with
KDE SC 4.9.2 and have had no problems with Semantic Desktop or
Kontact/KMail for quite some time.

Meaning files are indexed, I can search, the "timelines" in Dolphin
worked just fine (Today, Yesterday and so on). In KMail address
autocompletion, Search etc worked.

But after a freeze suddenly no joy. From earlier experience I stopped
akonadi, removed the nepomuk folder (.kde/share/apps/nepomuk) restarted
akonadi and sat back while reindexing took place.

But for the first time this did not fully work. KMail works as expected
but the systray "Desktop Search File Indexing" insists it is idle (even
when it slowly reported increasing numbers of indexed file). In Krunner
search for files only seems to work with files I have recently edited.
In Dolphin the same and the "timelines" report like 3-4 files, searching
for files give no result on files that have not been "touched" since the
crash.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the search functions back
now that I had actually gotten used to them...

Kind regards
Sinclair