Urgent. How to get Kompozer or alternative for Kubuntu 12.10???!!!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:35:25 UTC 2012

On 19/10/2012 15:55, Bas Roufs -En. wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
> In the repository of Kubuntu 12.10,  Kompozer is not there any more. The same
> applies apparently for other *Ubuntu distros:

> However, I do not really understand the solution proposed there.
>
> I really URGENTLY!!! need Kompozer or some REASONABLE alternative  for Kubuntu
> 12.10!!! I am in the middle of a project in which I cannot do without!
> Please, help!

Looking at Kompozer website, checking the ppa and downloads it seems to
be "abandonware". The PPA is not flagging any versions beyond Lucid, the
beta version on website is from 2010. So I suspect it does not work with
newer *buntu versions due to some dependency or other.

You can of course download source and try to build it yourself but I
would look for an alternative or use 12.04 until the project in question
is finished.

Best,
Sinclair