When upgrading to Kubuntu 12.10, ppa-backports have been disabled. When best to enable them again?

Bas Roufs -En. basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:41:32 UTC 2012

Dear Everybody,

this morning I upgraded one of my laptops to Kubuntu 12.10, from 12.04. My
very first impressions of the new version are simply positive. More thoughts,
questions and suggestions in the coming weeks. Congratulations to all those
who have worked to make "Quantal  Quetzal" possible.

One question for now. In September, I enabled the "ppa-backports" as software
sources: with a view to getting  "release candidates" and "stable" new
versions of KDE 4.9.* I am happy working with "release candidates" of KDE,
when they come out. That's why I am wondering when best to enable again "ppa-
backports".

Thanks for your suggestions. Respectfully yours,
Bas.

--
Bas G. Roufs MA
Van 't Hoffstraat 1