Strange message after 4.9.2 upgrade

Bas Roufs -En. basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:52:21 UTC 2012

Hello Georgi,

> After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time
> (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):
> "Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"

Yesterday I too upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. from 4.9.1.
So far, this message did not show up. On the contrary, Kontact works much
smoother in my case ever since this upgrade.

However, another detail springs to my mind which might be a useful
"workaround".  A few weeks ago, I added the ppa backports to my repository,
after which I upgraded to 4.9.1.
Via SYSTEM SETTINGS > personal info > Akonadi Resources Configuration, I found
2 new agents:
"akonadi_googlecontacts_resource"
"akonadi_googlecalendar_resource".
I installed those ones and uninstalled older agents with the same function.
While installing each of them, I did the following:
+ giving in the  right Gmail username and password;
+ give Kontact permission to access my google addressbook, calendar and tasks.
Ever since that moment, syncing contacts, agenda and tasks works much, much
better.
I would advise you to check and adapt the settings in the same way.
Respectfulll yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
Bas G. Roufs MA