Alternative PIM?

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:19:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:24:56 -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:

> D. R. Evans said the following at 11/17/2012 11:40 AM :
>

>> I don't like the idea of google knowing anything more than necessary
>> about me, so I'm looking at other PIMs. Perhaps evolution is usable...
>> I'm downloading it now.
>
> Evolution turned out not to be usable, since the first thing it wants is
> all kinds of e-mail-related information.

I think you can create a dummy email account, a kind of a placeholder,
and then use Evolution as your PIM only.  It will probably bug you with
an error message displayed below on its status bar while "failing" to
reach the "email server". I personally would live with it. :-)

I use Evolution as PIM for about 6 years and I'm quite satisfied with it.