how to provide a clean akonadi environment?

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Nov 14 00:35:44 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 03:07:05 PM D. R. Evans wrote:
> As described in another thread, I am now in a state where akonadi just
> crashes on start-up, rendering everything that requires akonadi useless.
>
> How do I clean everything up and create a pristine akonadi installation?
>
>   Doc

I would start with defining a new user on your system.   See if akonadi
crashes with the new user.   If not, then it is something on your /home that
is causing the problem.  You may have to start with a new user for yourself
and slowly rebuild your environment.

You could try changing things piecemeal, like renaming your .kde directory to
get the system to build a new one, but you could chase your tail forever and
not find the problem.

"Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts - for support
rather than illumination."