Kubuntu 64bit 12.04 & 12.10 with Gigabyte Z77M-D3H Motherboard

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:09:20 UTC 2012

In data venerdì 9 novembre 2012 23:33:25, Anton ha scritto:
> I am not sure ...
> perhaps its my memory which has a problem.
>
> But on my new PC with
>  - Windows7 64bit
>  - and Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit
>
> I have only the problem with Kubuntu.
> - It freezes sometimes (then I can work hours with it)
> - it reboots while I am working with it.
>
> So .. does anybody has the same Maindoard as me?
>
> Does your PC work fine???
>
> I only want to check if it is apossible error source.
>
> My pc vendor put my system a whole day in a stresstest (using windows7)
> without having problems.

Hi,

I have Win7 and Kubuntu 64 bit with an ASRock MB, I installed yesterday
Kubuntu and I'm not having problems with the systems.

But I have two separate hard drives, this is my way of work, so maybe you have
some problem different, such as... temperatures?

You should give a look also to the Kubuntu forums, maybe your MB is not full
supported (I don't think so, though).

Try also to disable Nepomuk/Akonadi and see what happens.

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!