Kubuntu 12.10 Nvidia drivers

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:56:30 UTC 2012

On Thursday 08 Nov 2012 10:49:05 Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 Nov 2012 22:44:48 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> > > Doesn't it give you a button to enable it? Try removing and re-installing.
> >
> > sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1
> > linux-headers-generic
>
> All of those packages are at the current version.
>
> > jockey-kde has never been reliable for me.
>
> It has worked in the past, but broke in 11.10, got fixed in 12.04 and is now
> broken again.

OK Imissed the start of this thread. What makes you think it isn't working?
Try cat /proc/interrupts
If one of the interrupts has 'nvidia' next to it, then it is running.
What happens if you type
'modinfo nvidia-current'?

If that doesn't give you anything, remove and reinstall the above packages, but also install dkms, to make sure.

Mark