Ubuntu can't boot OCELOT LUCID II more details

tobias schwibingerr whyskyhigh at yahoo.de
Mon May 28 15:50:52 UTC 2012

--- Ryan Gauger <rtgkid at gmail.com> schrieb am So, 27.5.2012:

Von: Ryan Gauger <rtgkid at gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: Ubuntu can't boot  OCELOT LUCID   II more details
An: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
CC: "Kubuntu user technical support" <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Datum: Sonntag, 27. Mai, 2012 19:54 Uhr

Tobias,
Good afternoon. I do not totally understand the question, but I will answer to the best of my ability. Sorry if I have misunderstood. Update System means a very minor update of software packages on your system. This is completely different from a distribution upgrade. A software upgrade is a different version of software, that will most likely add new features. All Ubuntu/Kubuntu upgrades add new features to make the computer faster and easier to use. Point upgrades do not add new features, they just fix bugs. There are usually four point upgrades for an LTS (long-term support) release, although with Precise being supported for five years on both servers and desktops, I am not completely sure though. Software UPDATES (I would make that italic if I could, but I am on my iPod) can be seen as tiny upgrades, where there are usually no new features added, just bug fixes. Tell me if I failed to answer your questions correctly. Thanks! Have a great rest of the
 week!!!
In Christ,Ryan