amarok cannot play CD

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon May 28 10:35:05 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 27/05/12 00:49, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

The problem is definitely fixed in the upcoming Amarok 2.6. I am
playing music from a CD with Amarok as I type this :)

FWIW: Amarok is indeed Free Software and anyone capable is welcome to
give a hand. Our developers only have 24 hours in their days as
everybody else and a day job, so all development is done in their free
time which is counted.

So instead of whining about a longstanding bug (which were actually
several problems, not just one, and most of them not Amarok related)
giving a hand in fixing it is always a good move :)
BTW, there also is the possibility for bug bounties aka paying a
developer to fix one particular bug, we wouldn't mind that either :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org