[Bulk] Re: I don't know if this is in the right list but DVD problems

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Sun May 27 13:40:51 UTC 2012

> On Sunday, May 27, 2012 09:19:42 AM Clay Weber wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, May 27, 2012 06:54:54 AM Chris Sislo wrote:
>
> > On 05/26/2012 11:34 PM, Leslie Anne Chatterton wrote:
> > Dvd burning usually works flawlessly. In order to help us help you please
tell us which version of which distribution you have installed and which app
you are using. Is it an internal dvd that came with the computer? Does it work
with any other operating system, including Windows?
> > On May 26, 2012 11:41 PM, "Chris Sislo" <teknofreak1074 at att.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is right but if not a little help please. When I try
to burn a DVD I get the following error
> Please install the following manually and try again:
> mplex (GStreamer plugin)
> vcdimager (application).
> I don't know if this is the right list if not please direct me to the right
list but those are the list of problems I get with trying to burn a DVD. Any
help would be greatly appreciated .
> Thanks
> Chris Sislo

> > I have the latest Kubuntu 12.04 and I can't use K3B cause it wont see my
DVD disc and if it does it gives me errors so I am familiar with Brasero so I
use that and these are the errors i get with K3B
> 1.The project does not contain all necessary video DVD files.
> Thanks,
> Chris
> 2.The resulting DVD will most likely not be playable on a Hifi DVD player. (I
am not worried about that one.)
> 3.Could not determine size of resulting image file.
> So this should answer your questions about the various things I forgot in my
first post except maybe what Brasero it is all I know is its from the Muon
software center if that answers anything. I just want to burn a DVD and watch
it on my TV

> What kind of video are you trying to burn? As imple video file? A backupcopy
of a DVD?

> To create a video DVD, you first need to have all your videos and menus with
the correct formats ant structures before it is burned. Brasero is telling you
some of the packages you need to install in order to do this, though I do not
believe Brasero itself can create, or "author", a playable DVD on its own.

> There are different formats for video-on-disc, one that you may try to use if
you don't care about menus is a videoCD, but your DVD  player must support
playing these.

> There is a program called Devede that can create different video disc formats
and even has simple menu editor for them. It takes your videos , converts them
to the correct format and then creates the file structure, then you can have it
create an iso image, or you can usually just point Brasero to the folder it
created. There are other applications out there, but most require you already
have the video in the correct format already. The interface is somewhat
clunky, but there are plenty of how-to's for it out there.

> If you are copying a movie, K9Copy is your friend here, and if you already
have the video as in iso image, well that is burned the same as one would burn
a Kubuntu cd or dvd.

> --

Oops, I did forget to mention here that brasero needs the program "vcdimager"
to create a videoCD, which is probably the quickest and easiest way to get
where  you want to go.  I do believe  you can burn a videoCD to a dvd. You can
easily install vcdimager using any package manager. To get the mplex gstreamer
plugin, try installing gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse