Importiing thunderbird OLD WIN to Thunderbird new linux?possible ?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:35:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM, tobias schwibingerr <whyskyhigh at yahoo.de>wrote:

> is it possible to import
> thunderbird mails and ids
> from
>
> thunderbird win?
>
> I did make with win xp and mozback a file as backup.
> can I import this to linux thunderbird?
>
> A few years ago I moved all my mom's email from Win to Linux just by
copying over everything in the thunderbird directory.  It worked well back
then.

In Linux, the directory is in your home directory named .thunderbird

The really important stuff (all the email) is in a directory named
xxxxxxx.default where 'xxxxxx' is some other random characters.

I hope that helps,

Michael