12.04 is the worst yet

girardhenri girardhenri at free.fr
Tue May 15 15:07:11 UTC 2012

Le 15/05/2012 12:36, Bruce Marshall a écrit :
> On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 07:57:26 AM girardhenri wrote:
>> I do use kubuntu only for system settings (qtcurve theme with fakeosx
>> gnome3, as I found gnome3 themes not very nice, mainly too dark), but
>> 12.04 was better on first beta than final in my opinion, because I often
>> have messages that utuntu 12.04 has crashed or an application has
>> crashed... It sounds buggy ! synaptic doesn't work any more after a
>> while (i guess after updating)... Well as a final it doesn't seems
>> stable as usually it is with other versions... I already reinstalled
>> twice and always the same.
>> I use firefox and thunderbird as mail client because it does manage my
>> mail boxes perfectly.
>> regards,
>> Henri
> Synaptic seems to work fine for me and in fact got me out of the 'hole' I was
> in trying to install 12.04.
>
> When I was using aptitude to do installing, it would sometimes want to delete
> about 500 packages in order to install one.  Twice it uninstalled my kernel
> and I had to do a rescue.  I've given up on aptitude and now use synaptic for
> everything.

I found out the problem : In synaptic icon command they wrote
synaptic-pkgexec, so I deleted it and i wrote gksudo synaptic and
everything works now !
I have problem with sudo too I don't know why sometimes it's deleted by
ubuntu ?
I must chmod 755 to get it back...
I didn't have this problems with former versions.
Aptitude is very dangerous ! Sometimes it took me away kde... and gnome3
? I don't know why. Pity because it is an excellent tool.
But  I fear it's not good to use apt and aptitude ?