12.04 is the worst yet

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue May 15 04:10:59 UTC 2012

Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 15/05/12 10:02, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > I finally got 12.04 installed after spending several DAYS on each
> > of beta 1 and beta 2.  (mostly ubiquity problems along with
> > aptitude which I have decided is a piece of&*&^%$)
> >
> > But 12.04, once installed has been an ugly experience.
> >
> > Kmail crashes about 12 times a day (about every half hour in use)
>
> "If it hurts, why do it?" :-) .
>
> Kmail has had a problem for quite some time now from what I have been
> reading. Why not switch to Thunderbird?

Because Thunderbird hurts even more (IMHO). I had a brief look at
Thunderbird recently, and to me it looks worse than it did the last time
I tried it (some years ago). Unfortunately there is no way to keep the
good old kmail instead of the newfangled kmail2, at least until kmail2
is usable. :( Therefore I suppose I'll not upgrade my desktop and stay
with 10.04 for now.

OTOH, I can't complain about the rest of 12.04 - no real problems so far
on the other machines where I have it installed already.

Nils